THE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SECTOR NEEDS TO TALK
EMC 2020 will explore the recent events in Australia and overseas, and will give delegates the opportunity to learn and reflect on the experiences of their colleagues and peers in bushfires, heatwaves, severe storms and cyclones, pandemic, smoke events, volcanic eruptions and more.
With the extended COVID-19 restrictions in Melbourne it is uncertain that meeting limits will allow us to proceed with the Emergency Management Conference at the Pullman Albert Park on 6th & 7th October as planned.
Whilst it is disappointing that we can’t all be in the same venue to meet and network and share our experiences as usual, we are confident that we can provide an informative and memorable experience in a webcast format.
It will be held over two weeks, for two days each week:
Tuesday 29th September & Wednesday 30th September
Tuesday 6th October & Wednesday 7th October
There will be two 2 hour sessions each day, with four speakers in each. A short Q&A will follow each presentation.
- Single-Day, multi-day or Full conference registration available
- Office registration – single location, multiple viewers – available
- Special ‘Volunteers Rate’
Due to the nature of this year’s conference, a conference dinner is not possible, however, a special fireside chat session will be available for all delegates to attend at no extra cost, more details will be available soon.
- High Profile Events (HPE) has recently updated their registration software to the Currinda platform. All attendees will be required to hold a Currinda profile.
- To complete your registration, please select the above button titled ‘Online Registration’. This will take you to the EMC Melbourne 2020 Currinda log in page.
- It is likely some of you will have created a Currinda profile in the past. If you know your original email and password, please log in using these details. Otherwise, create a new Currinda profile by selecting ‘Begin here’ and fill in the personal details page. If you have simply forgotten your Currinda log in details, the Currinda database will recognise your profile by matching fields such as email address, full name, organisation etc. If a profile is recognised, please confirm if these details are yours. In the case that it is correct, please update your password.
- Once you have successfully logged in, please follow the registration prompts. Upon completion, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive this email, check your profile email address was entered correctly and that your registration is complete. If you require assistance, please click here to contact HPE. Do not re-register.
If you are a group manager that is planning to arrange registrations on behalf of delegates within your organisation and/or attend the conference yourself, please click here to view registration instructions.
- MasterCard & Visa, personal cheque or bank deposit accepted. A 2% surcharge applies to all credit/debit card transactions.
- If paying by direct deposit, payment must be made or remittance received within 30 days from date of invoice. Registration and payment must be received prior to the conference commencing.
- All rates quoted are in Australian dollars and include 10% GST.
- All online registrations are checked by the secretariat. If there is any query, they will contact you.
- Existing registrants for the physical conference will be contacted to arrange transition of registration or refund, if required.
- If you have proceeded to register and then changed your mind, please contact the Conference Secretariat within 24 hours of registering to avoid any cancellations fees.
- Registration cancellations received 30 days prior to the event will be refunded, minus a $150 cancellation fee. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the event will not be eligible for a refund. Substitute delegates may be nominated at any time.
- Refunds for registration add-ons (workshops, dinners etc) will be given at the discretion of the Conference Secretariat. Cancellation of hotel bookings must be made directly with the hotel.
- All cancellations and substitutions must be made in writing by the registered person to the Conference Secretariat.
All sessions will be recorded. Any comments or questions written by delegates within the digital conference platform will be available to use by the conference organisers.
EMC and the conference secretariat reserve the right to amend any part of the conference program or event should it be necessary.